Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

In the Making

I've really been off my sewing/design flow for the past few months but am making small efforts to get back on track.  I have to admit that hasn't been the easiest thing to do.  That's not just because of baby, but also because I don't seem to feel the same strong urgency to do it the way I once did.  

Seasons change.

But the other day I finished up a skirt that's made from a dress purchased from the local thrift store.  I'd planned to wear it as a dress, but it turned out to be too small.


I used the bottom to create a simple flared skirt with an elastic waistband.  The fabric is transparent chiffon, and the dress was lined with a green polyester material.  Rather than use that, I lined the skirt with a piece of cotton that I hand-dyed with turmeric last spring.  




I did use a piece of the green lining to make the waistband, though.

I really like how easy it is to wear.

**********

Last week I ordered a bag full of hemp and organic cotton jersey knit fabric scraps that I'll be using to make baby items.


And even though I'm struggling to get back into the groove of making garments in general, I do intend too if only on a small level.  These fabric pieces motivate me to put forth energy.  

Many times Ive contemplated making a collection of garments that use hemp and organic cotton.  This is the most of these types of materials that I've ever owned.  It could be the start of something nice.  And environmental. :-)

Have a great weekend.
~




 

No comments: