Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Cozy Legs and Birthday Sale

Although it's generally hot (and humid) where we are on the island of O'ahu, things can get chilly when the ocean/beach is literally your backyard.  The breeze that comes through the house is pretty amazing.  I really like fresh, cool air over central air--which this place doesn't have anyway--and having the windows and back door open with ceiling fans on provides just what we need.

There are times, though, when I notice baby's legs are cool to the touch, and now that I'm practicing Elimination Communication with her (which is going surprisingly well, by the way), I prefer not to have pants on her around the house just so we can get "in position" when the need arises. ;)

The other day I started working on some leg warmers for her.  I finished them up today.








The gray jersey knit material was left over from a customized tunic I made last spring, and I've got plenty of Kente scraps lying around.  I'm pleased with the warmers overall, although they are a bit loose at the bottom and end up covering her feet with all the moving she does.  I'll be sure to make the next pair just a little bit more snug. 

***************

It's November!  This means that I'll be celebrating another year of life in a couple of weeks.  


In honor of this (and also because I need stuff to GO!) I'm having a 20% off sale in the shop!  Just enter code NOV20 at checkout.



I'm also offering free shipping on all US orders.

Shop online at:


~

No comments: