Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

More Life

Another birthday has come around.  This time it's the 32nd one.  I feel great. :-)

**********

Earlier this week I finished an outfit created by turning one of my favorite dresses into a two-piece.




I used some of those hemp and organic cotton pieces mentioned in my last post, which matched the print fabric perfectly.   There's also a couple of pieces of dark denim in there--just some scraps left over from another project.





I got the printed dress a few years ago on clearance for $1.99 (!!!) at Macy's.  I really liked it because of the pockets and the length. After giving birth, I realized it was also great due to the front zipper, which made nursing easy.   Now, I started out only intending to repair the dress, since the zipper had broken.  In the process of removing said zipper, I ripped the dress. (Yeah.  Sometime removing a zipper without a seam ripper works.  Sometimes, not so much. :-/)  So, from then on it was all about creating something new.  There's no longer a zipper in the front, but I'm fine with that.  It's still pretty functional for what I need.

*********

I think today will be a beach day! :)

Have a wonderful Thursday.~

No comments: