Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Fluidity

Yesterday I finally stared on a new design.  So far this is what I've got.



This is the front side of the top portion of a dress that'll be made similar to this blouse from a couple of years ago.  

(LOVE!)


For the bottom of the garment, I'll be using the same material used here:

Something I ran into yesterday while working on the garment is not having enough of the above material to make to garment the way I set out to.  However, the great thing about clothing design--and my personal approach to designing--is that the process can be fluid. 

Never am I so attached to a design idea that when an issue arises (such as not having enough fabric) that I can't come up with something else.  I just work in the flow of things.  

Today's going to be a pretty chill day over here.  Fresh bread is being made in the bread maker, the sun is out, and the vibes are calm.

Wishing you a wonderful and safe Friday!
~

No comments: