Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

She's Off!

Today I'll be mailing this skirt off...finally!


It always feels great to sell/ship off a garment that's been hanging on for some time. 

I started on this skirt last winter here in Hawaii but finished it up in Louisiana when I was there during December/January. It's one of those pieces that just happened as I went along and worked to incorporate various scrap pieces of fabric that were in my stash.

This is the skirt that inspired the maxi version.



The idea came from someone who liked the skirt style but wanted it longer.  Since making the first, I've also done another custom version for someone else.  

I really like the prints and tones in this one.  All of the wonderful Kente fabrics you see come from one of my favorite shops, Tambo Collection. The shop owner, Charmaine, offers some of THE best African fabrics.  These days practically all the African prints that I use come from her.  She offers great materials, excellent customer service, and super fast shipping. She's also a designer.  In addition to the Etsy shop, you can also check out her website at tambocollection.com.

**********

The person who purchased the mini skirt above took advantage of the sale currently happening in my shop.  When ordering any SALE item, save an additional 10% with code LOVE8 and also receive free shipping in the US.

You can also save 10% on anything else in the shop by using the same code, LOVE8.

 


Have a great Monday!
~

No comments: