Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Batik, Batok

First of all...it was 12 degrees this morning. What?!!? I'm currently home in Louisiana, but it won't be long before I'm headed back to my tropical, sunny, warm oasis, and I am seriously looking forward to that

On the subject of being out in the freezing cold, I ended up going to look at some batik fabric, and was pretty much unmoved by what I saw. However, I did spot one print that I like for spring.

Green is my favorite. 

Every since I dyed that muslin--and really even before then--I've been wanting something more organic, less commercial/machine- produced when it comes to these types of fabrics.

A couple of years ago an artist I know blessed me with a piece of her batik material which I incorporated into this dress.



Modeled below on its new owner!


This is what I'm going for. Something hand-produced and original.  Looks like I may have to start doing batik! :)

**********

One of my favorite bloggers is doing something really special in honor of her daughter who was cured of sickle cell anemia and others who are undergoing treatment for this disease.


Read more about it at http://soulpretty.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-big-announcement.html , and please do support!


Happy Tuesday!
~


No comments: