Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sustainability with Kente

Despite the fact that it was cold and rainy when I woke up this morning, I was in the mood to go out and photograph a skirt that's been in the making for over a month now.  In keeping with my efforts to focus more on my patch-working process, this skirt--which is two sizes too big for me, but you may not be able to tell due to pinning--was created from various pieces that were left over from other projects. 








~
Many of the Kente prints you see came from one of my favorite vendors, Charmaine of Tamboo Collection (also on Etsy.)  Those pieces were left over from various dresses made last season, and the denim remained from these denim and Kente  maxi skirts.  It's always important to me to use what I have on hand and any scraps that can be repurposed.  Not only is doing so sustainable, but it also inspires creativity as I work to combine scraps in artistically appealing ways.

Today I'll be doing a little bit of sewing in order to create a gift for someone, and hopefully I'll also get a chance to at least start on a new design.

Happy Sunday...enjoy!

No comments: