Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Self

Something I like to do in general and especially when I'm feeling a bit anxious about my work and/or progress as a designer is look back at what I've done.  In doing so not only do I reflect on past work, but by default I also reflect on and get a better understanding of who I am. 

Each time I reminisce in this way, several things become apparent to me.  The first of the two most glaring is that I've done a great deal of work!  From the design and production of numerous garments to coordinating and executing several fashion/style shows to teaching multiple group and private courses in sewing and design to being featured in a range of newspapers, magazines, and online venues to making connections with retailers throughout the country to carry my line to writing a pattern drafting instruction guide to much more, there has certainly been no lack of activity on this end. The second most obvious factor is that I don't put nearly as much energy toward my work as I used to. 

It has been a long while since I've done a show, and my level of production is nowhere near where it used to be.  I sometimes wonder if I peeked around 2007/2008, because I was on a serious roll at that time.
Sometimes the Emotional Me thinks that way, but the wiser, Knowing Me  knows that's not the case. There's so much that I haven't done that I must do in order to better establish myself in this field.  I feel like I've worked hard but more work and time has to be put into this in order for me to get to where I want to be. 

Admittedly I've tended to be a procrastinator and even lazy with this particular work for the past 2-3 years.  Fortunately, though, the energy is upgrading, and that former Lackadaisical Me is slowly being forced to retreat. This is a good thing, since I've got plenty to do!

The garments you see above were all created this past week.  There's a special place in my heart for every garment I create, but that blue/white vertical stripe skirt (bottom left) is gonna be one of those pieces I remember forever. I'm in absolute love with the fit of it! 

That skirt and a couple of the other pieces can be found in my etsy shop:
 
Shop now through December 22nd and save 10% on your total order! Just enter code SAVE10 at checkout.
 
***************
 
Speaking of past works and such, I'm attempting to upload (from a dvd) some footage from a fashion/style show I did in 2007.  What takes probably only a matter of a couple hours for a techy, video type person takes all day and night for me! I'll get it done, though. {*I'm still very proud of my last video!*}
 
In the meantime, here are some screen shots from the forthcoming footage.
 



 
 
Stay tuned to see it in motion...
 
peace!
:-)

No comments: