Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Seasons Change

So, I've been sewing a LOT lately. It just hit me again all of a sudden. {THANK GOODNESS!}


Here's a dress I made for myself.



I'd had the green fabric for a while and only had enough to do something like this with. Love this simple style. {Love my black and white tights, too!}


**********


And this!

Definitely an instance where I came up with a design based on the fabrics I had on hand. {I'd say 90% of my work is done that way.} These two fabrics together make me happy. I'm pleased with how the dress turned out.


There are a few mini skirts that I've yet to photograph, but I hope to share them soon...


**********


On another note...


I've decided that since school's almost out and many parents will want to send their children to some sort of camp and I enjoy designing and teaching design and a lot of young folks may like to learn this...


I'm gonna offer a summer sewing & design camp!


Just gotta find a place and promote.

And if I don't find a place or decide to pay for one wouldn't be cost effective, It'll be right here in my home.


Yep.


Stay tuned...

peace!

:-D

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Look at you! LOVE the both of these. You're right. That green is one of those pieces that's like a little black dress, you can wear it anywhere! And I love the black and white. Loving that neckline detailing. So cute! I just feel back into crocheting too... maybe its the beauty of Spring :)

Julie said...

Both of those dresses are awesome! And I love your idea for a summer sewing camp. Yup, parents are definitely eager for summer programs that their children will enjoy and I'm sure their are lots of budding designers out there who would love to learn how to make their dream creations into reality.

Newness of Life said...

GREEEN! Love it! I am so proud of you for making something for yourself. I think I recall you saying you don't do that very often. And I would totally send my kids to your camp if I could! Promote it at schools and after school programs. As a parent I find out about stuff that way. Also on social networking sites (of course). Post them up around the neighborhood stores and restaurants as well.

Barbara said...

Hey lady. Popping back in to let you know that you have an award waiting for you over on my blog!

narcissaqtpie said...

Ah, I'm all over these dresses! I would love to be involved in a sewing camp. Best of luck to you!

Muze said...

so happy i found your blog (and you)again! yay...

still making flystuff i see. lol.