Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Imagery

I've got a new student!




Thanks to a good friend of mine passing the word on to someone concerning my background and services, a local mom decided to employ me to teach her 12 year old daughter sewing and design. She--12 yr. old--is an aspiring fashion designer and has a nice portfolio of original designs/sketches that she'd like to create. It's up to me to teach her how to go about doing so.


The child inspired me greatly! Not only with her work and aspirations, but also with her gorgeousness and the dignified way she carries herself. Beautiful and so graceful.


Align Center

********************
In other news, I was inspired to do something different with my hair!

Align Center
Ok, well it's really just hair twisted or rolled then pinned in place, but for someone who's as lazy with hair as I am, it's a big deal. I'm one who'll resort to twists or a headwrap with the quickness.


And this simple do took a while for me to get it to a satisfactory point.Bold


I like it. :-)



********************


And I'll finally have a new dress to share with you soon. Here's a sneak peek:




Be back soon...


peace!

:-)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Yay! Positive developments all around. :) I'm excited to see your new creation!

GalleryJuana said...

I believe the teacher learns so much through teaching. Having to see what we see so clearly, but through someone else's eyes, opens up more doors.

Sounds like you've got a great student and she has a talented teacher!

Cute up-do ... reminds me of the classic Hollywood stars.

Newness of Life said...

Inspiration is always a good thing. Glad to see you teaching again. I don't know why that just makes ME so happy.