Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Revisit

Well, I'm lacking good fabric and fresh ideas. So, lately I've been focusing on unfinished projects or items that I can perhaps rework.
I started this dress last September and recently finished it up. All it needed was the skirt added, and I'm not sure why I didn't do that back then.




This skirt was actually completely finished earlier this year, but I think I was contemplating whether or not I liked the fluted-like hem. (A feature that wasn't done on purpose. That's one of the many possible characteristics of knit fabric.)


(So funny. I have all sorts of things right around the area where I take photos. The jump rope still made it in this time despite my cropping efforts...bottom right.)
After months of consideration, I decided that I do like the hem and have decided against trimming it off.
The skirt has a "fabric cousin" (same material used for both) which is in my shop.
I've got some custom order in the works...
*********
Woooo! Gonna watch Sister Act II on t.v. tonight mainly so I can hear my beloved Lauryn Hill right here:

*siiigh*
Also, today on Facebook my blogger/internet buddy T. Allen-Mercado made reference to an oldie but greaty, and I've been singing it all day. (My album is so old and played out that
I barely get any sound out of it these days. Need to get a new one.)


I was so excited to here it on a local station recently along with


I was very elated to be listening to the radio on those days.

I figure the folks at the station must be missing her like I am.

Man I love this woman. Even still! We go way, way back.

:-)

(I'm sure I've done a post similar to this before about her. What can I say, though?!?!?...)

peace!

4 comments:

boatx2 said...

I love the way the tube dress hangs and that magenta-y color looks sO good on you!

If I only had money.......*sigh

(p.s. did I ever tell you that I've been obsessing about your black floor-length maxi dress in your etsy shop for like three months? One of these days, I just may make something so fantastic. I hope, my friend, I hope. ^_^)

T.Allen said...

Oh I wish I had a free moment to work on something old or new. I'm not very organized "up top" these days. I feel a fast and some new incense coming on...

I love the fluted hem-I'm glad you kept it, it gives the skirt some playful personality!

Barbara said...

Great pieces. As always, they look extremely comfortable! You have a great musical line up happening here. I have Sweetest Thing in rotation on my ipod =)

Newness of Life said...

I miss Lauryn too. I have a Pandora station dedicated to her. And I'm loving the pieces as always. Hopefully once I get back to work I can treat myself to something in your shop!