Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quick Fix

Today I'll be attending an event 2 hrs. away where it's requested that every one wear white. Well, everything white that I own that would be appropriate is either unappealing to me at this point or needs some repair that I'm not really sure I wanna do.

Since I do wanna wear white (it was requested, so why not?), it came down to me throwing something together late last night. There were quite a few sizable pieces of white jersy material left over from this custom made dress.

After some maneuvering and piecing together and gathering and sewing and trying on and adjusting, this...


Became this...





Quick and to the point. I like it. :-)

Oh! I updated my shop the other day, too, with a new dress. Check it out if you haven't!

Gotta hit the road...

peace

3 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Nice that you can just whip something up. This is a great top!

Breath of Light said...

I peeped the new dress in your shop yesterday. I'm such a fan of yours! that dress is beautiful! I'm hoping to continue to build up my sewing confidence and make a few dresses and skirts for myself this summer.

Unknown said...

thankyou both! yes, it's grea tto be able to just make something to wear on a whim. actually, the only time i really sew for myself is when it's time to go somewhere and i feel i need something!

@ breath of light....thanks so much. :-) i know you'll get to the point where you're able to create some lovely summer clothes. i remember how you used to turn scarves into halter tops (or maybe you still do). plus you've got the crochet thing down, so sewing seems like it may come naturally.