Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Kente Dress Special Offer

Happy Saturday!

Just wanted to drop in for a quick post on a special offer in the Etsy shop.

 

I've got two of these dresses--one of my most popular designs--on sale in the shop for half off.  These two are samples and work best for sizes large and xlarge, c or d bust cup.

Both are in new, handmade condition and are ready to ship!  This is definitely a bargain considering that this style is normally only offered for custom order.  It's rare that I have ready-to-ship versions of customizable garments, so this is a great chance to save majorly on a dress that's great for all seasons.

**********

Yesterday I finished up a new customized piece for one of my most faithful clients.



This tunic combines dark gray jersey knit, African Kente print, and mud cloth.  It's always fun for me to come up with new ways to to combine scrap pieces to make a one-of-a-kind piece such as this. 

Fabrics laid out for the meditation process of deciding what will be used 

One of my favorite things about designing this way is how I'm able to use the most seemingly insignificant pieces of fabric--in terms of size--to come up with something original.  These styles are definitely anti-waste/re-use/re-purpose/recycle...alladat! :)

Have a wonderful weekend.
~

No comments: