Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

More & More & More

I am absolutely in love with Kente  fabric. Whether it's the original or prints.  I always have been actually.  For some reason, though, I can't get enough lately.


Here are a few that I recently received in the mail.  The one on the far left is one I've used before. 


The three additional prints will be used to make more of this style. Originally this style was made from cotton gauze material.  I decided to change that to 100% jersey knit fabric since it's much wider than the gauze, and when making these dresses for tall people I won't have to add extensions to make the dress long enough in certain places.



The idea to add the Kente print down the back of this dress came about due to my efforts to incorporate fabric scraps into my design when possible. It would have been great as a solid, yellow dress. But the addition of the print really takes it to a new level.

I'm going to make it my business within the next couple of days to get at least a couple of dresses made with the new prints.  Until then, have a great week!

peace!

:)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true,the kente insert on the back of the yellow dress takes it to a whole new level.Me like it :)!
XO

Unknown said...

:-D

thanks jasmina!