Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Accents

I'm really having fun with the kente dresses that have been the focus of my work lately.  Last week I ordered a new print.


The original dress--on the left--has been going pretty quickly, and I was finally able to find more of that particular print.  



In addition to those two, a week ago I came across the most beautiful mustard yellow jersey knit which I was used to create another style.



A scrap of the kente came in handy as a little shoulder detail :)
**********

Making so many garments lately with African print fabrics has me feeling as if I'm moving into a space that I've always intended to get to.  Fabrics such as kente and other African inspired ones have always been some of my favorites to use.  I'm grateful for visions that I've been having lately that allow me to incorporate them into my work in a way that I'm able to offer these garment styles at very affordable rates for my customers.


Have a wonderful week.~

peace!
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything is so beautiful :)!It's a modern African style...
XOXOXO

Unknown said...

thank you! and yes, i love african prints. they're so timeless and bold.