Thank ya very much! :-D
It's been a while since I've done a "tell us something interesting about yourself" post (which is a stipulation of the award), but let's see if I can come up with 7...
1. I'm currently teaching myself law. Lately I've been poring over all sorts of legal books, documents, codes, regulations, etc. etc. etc. (Now that I think of it, maybe that's why I've been zombie-like and uncreative, ha!) The stuff is wordy and usually unnecessarily repetative, but I get it! Watch out, cause once I've got it down, I intend to do lots of good with it.
2. I currently do contract sewing for a local momogram/screen printing shop. Alterations, sewing patches onto uniforms--for local electrical, gas, oil, (etc.) companies--and other miscellaneous sewing is what I do there. Perhaps that's another reason I'm out of it! :-/
3. Every night, 9pm central time--if I'm home--I watch King of the Hill on Cartoon Nework. Too funny/crazy! I've always liked it, but only lately have I watched consistently. (It's on now.)
4. I juice and drink a beet/carrot/apple/parsely mixture daily. Well, almost.
5. This weekend I'm supposed to attend a camping retreat. Outdoors, in a tent, people from Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, healthy foods, presentations about working the land, etc. It was gonna be a great experience! Been planning for it for over 2 months. But I can't go now. :-(
6. Last Tuesday I went on a field trip to New Orleans as a "chaperone" with the fashion class from a local school. It was enjoyable, but I was sooo exhausted upon returning. Teens can be more of a handfull than kindergarteners! Whew!!! Next week I'll be going to speak to these same students about my experiences with fashion design.
7. I've been asked to be and will be the birth assitant at a natural, home birth this October. Eeeek! :-) (I've previously expressed my fascination with birth.)
Ok, good to see I can still come with something about myself.
Just for the heck of it, here's a picture of a "hummus bowl" I hooked up recently based on something very similar (ok, the exact same, ha!) that I had at a friend's house recently. (The same friend who I'll be a birthing assistant for :-D .)
Homemade hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers, and blue corn chips. Mmmmm, mmmm, mmmm!!
As it gets hotter and hotter here, I'm trying to eat lighter and cooler. I'll be eating this often.
I suggest you try it too!. :-)